Sunday, August 9, 2009

icheckmovies.com

I have a new favorite website: www.icheckmovies.com.
It is quite simple: They take all sorts of lists like the imdb top 250 movies or Academy Award winning movies or the Empire 500 and you go through and check off what you have seen. Very simple, but it has made me watch movies that I normally wouldn't watch.
For example: On every list is Unforgiven. I had never seen this movie even though everyone I know says it is great and I believe them. Because of this list (and the fact that I netflixed Gran Torino and liked it) I decided to watch Unforgiven last night just so I could check it off my list and have better stats with myself.
This also made Aubrey watch 2001: A Space Oddessey for the first time in her life while home alone today. If you are like me and enjoy crossing off things off lists, and sometimes sit around wondering what movie you should watch, this site is for you.

1 comment:

AJ said...

I am now obsessed with this site.