Saturday, February 7, 2009

Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist


I'm quite surprised by this movie. I don't know what I was expecting, but the thing that I really enjoyed was the New York City authenticity. It wasn't perfect, but the entire thing was filmed on location, and they went to a lot of my old stomping grounds: Mercury Lounge, St. Marx, Bowery Ballroom, Arlene's Grocery, Veselka etc....
On top of that the characters were very cute especially the 2 leads. I found myself smiling throughout and I guess since I had no expectations I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

My only gripe is that the Empire State Building looked VERY close to 68th and 5th Ave. They just had to change the address to 38th street and it would've made so much more sense. But I'm nitpicking. Given how quickly the city is changing, this is possibly the last movie to be made in the New York I spent my 20s in and it's nice to have it captured so well on film.

No comments: