Tuesday, March 3, 2009


I just watched Kung Fu Panda on my gorgeous BluRay player. Now, this was not better than Wall E or many other movies I've seen this year, but all in all it was a fun movie to watch. Now, this could be my own personal love of Jack Black, but all in all I really enjoyed this movie and the animation was perfect, especially on my TV.
My favorite part of the film I had to find out from imdb which I will just copy/paste here " The individual fighting styles of the Furious Five members (Crane, Mantis, Tiger, Monkey and Viper) are actual martial art styles modeled after the particular animals."

Also, I personally know very little about Kung Fu, but I have a friend who studies the Fu quite seriously and he is always talking about his Shifu which is what Kung Fu people call their teacher/father according to him and this movie took at least showed respect towards Kung Fu (at least as much as my untrained eye could tell).

It was a fun way to spend 90 minutes.

No comments: