Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lazy Saturday





In the past 30 hours or so I have seen the following:

The Strangers--Starring Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman. It started out very scary, but ended up kind of sucking. Also, I have a problem with movies that are 'based on true stories'. I did some research after watching the movie (Read: I went to imdb and looked up the FAQ), In real life, the writer/director had someone come to his house once and ask for someone not in his house. He said they weren't there and they went about their business. I don't want to give away the movie, but.. these people didn't just go away.

Wanted - It is a mindless action movie that I saw on blue ray on my TV. It was fun, but nothing like the comic book, and not as good. It was so loud as I watched it I the room shook and I felt bad for my neighbors. But not bad enough to actually lower the volume, but I did feel bad.





I watched the NFL Wild Card Games. I am kind of an NFL junkie and have too much fantasy action/pools. Too boring to go into, but I have the potential to make some money eventually. Let's put it this way, I'm happy both the Cardinals and Chargers won, although am a little surprised by both.

The Seven Year Itch - I had never seen a Marilyn Monroe movie. It was very funny and I never found her that attractive. After watching her for an hour and 40 minutes, I disagree with my 2 hour younger self. It is funny how timely a movie from 1955 can actually feel timely.




Saturday Night Live
- An older episode featuring Paul Rudd. I'm sorry, but that man can really do no wrong. There was one very funny sketch about a bunch of guys in a car upping each other on what the song on the radio reminds them of. They just continue to one-up each other, and it made me laugh. It's a classic SNL sketch. Then Justin Timberlake showed up for no reason. Why does he love being on that show?

I am now watching The Ten - I loved MTV's The State and I love Paul Rudd. Yes this movie has both, and it is kind of as awesome as it sounds. So far I have laughed out loud many times. vvvvvvvvvagina. Trust me, if you haven't seen the movie, you will laugh. On top of Paul Rudd, The State and laughing the movie features Jessica Alba (pre-baby), Gretchen Mol (who can't act her way out of a paper bag, but at least looks good doing it), Famke Jansen and Winona Ryder. I really like this movie.... As a goof. It really has everything - up to and including Jesus walking on water and Arnold Schwartzenegger.... kind of.

Also today, I played a lot of Super Mario Galaxy on my Wii. I'm almost done with the game for the 2nd time. I told you today was a lazy day. But I have school starting up again next week and I deserve to do nothing for at least 1 day this year.





Also, Last night I saw A Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I think that will be a part of my post for my favorite films of 2008. I haven't quite decided what I think about the movie yet, but I will say this. I have no idea how it was filmed. Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett both aged and youthenized in front of us (I'm not sure if that is a word, or at least that version, but I'm keeping it). Also, I will say this: David Fincher is a great visual director. He can make anything quite beautiful. I do not think he is his own DP, or if he uses the same guy, but the cinematography is always quite perfect.

No comments: